Acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine and Craniosacral therapy are incredibly powerful, safe, healing modalities that offer a different perspective on health and illness – one that complements conventional medicine. They have helped millions of people the world over and I feel so fortunate to to practice them.
- A wealth of experience – I have over 30 years of clinical experience and have trained in the UK, Europe and Asia, in many different styles of practice and techniques. I am trained in Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy, Classical Acupuncture (following the teachings of Jeffrey Yuen), Five Elements, TCM and a range of classical and modern Japanese approaches to acupuncture, Classical Chinese herbal medicine including Jing Fang and Kampo
- A caring approach – Mindfulness and resourcing techniques play an important role in my work to help my clients let go of stress and anxiety.
- A holistic and truly complementary perspective – I look at the whole picture, listening carefully to my client’s illness story and considering all their symptoms to build a picture of imbalances where support is needed. I work with the body not against it. Our bodies have enormous wisdom and healing capacity – far greater than any physician’s. To find out a little more about my approach and how I work with clients, this blog might be helpful.
- Care from a registered practitioner – I am registered with the AAC (Association of Acupuncture Clinicians), which is part of the British Acupuncture Federation and the CSTA (Craniosacral Therapy Association). I am also registered with the ATCM (Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine) and a member of the Herbal Alliance, an umbrella organisation that brings herbal medicine practitioners together.
- Care from a health practitioner with a deep understanding of clinical research – I have a PhD in Health Sciences.
As well as seeing patients in my York clinic I offer an online/remote consultation prescription service for Chinese herbal medicine and well-being support. Please click this link to find out more about this service.
The highest standards in hygiene and safety are adhered to in my clinic:
“Sylvia is a lovely, thoughtful and intuitive person who makes a very careful diagnosis and prescribes a holistic treatment. The herbs she prescribed for me arrived in the post the day after my appointment and are very gentle and actually taste good! I can feel them gradually working for me already. With Chinese herbal medicine, the prescription is individual and is adjusted as you improve, dealing with every aspect of a condition until full health is restored, with no nasty or frightening side effects. I thoroughly recommend Sylvia and her online appointment service. Talking to her on Skype was almost like being in her clinic” (Catherine T. Kirkudbright, Scotland)
Please call me on 07779799110 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book an appointment (remote consultation or clinic appointment), have an queries, or would like to discuss your health issues.
I look forward to meeting you.
The beautiful images on my header are by the artist Len Tabner and used with his kind permission.